Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

AWESOME IDEA!

Gather up your brooches, vintage, new, blue, whatever jewelery you want to use. An alternative to a bouquet for any occasion, especially nice for a weddding, is to have one of these "Bridal Brooch Bouquets"! I don't know about you, but I open my jewelery box and have sentimental pieces, mismatched earrings that I just couldn't part with, and an overload of older jewelery that I keep for whatever reason. I think I will try and make one of these just to put in a vase in my home. I can include all different types of jewelery, and put some special pieces in as well.
You can go to some vintage stores, resale stores and buy some pieces, usually very inexpensively, some floral wire, floral wire cutters, floral tape, and make one of these yourself. You just need to take the wire, thread it through a piece of the jewelery, then do another, and another, then wrap green floral tape around the base. Keep adding more pieces until it's a "bouquet"! I know a couple people that make these, so if anyone is interested, let me know! they turn out beautiful. You can also add in ribbons, flowers, material, feathers. Maybe I will try one someday and see how it turns out. A great way to use your old jewelery.

1 comment: